Recurring calendar entries with some events deleted still alert

A recurring calendar that had a couple of the events deleted (event not on in school holidays) shows correctly in the calendar ie not there, but the events still show up in the Agenda and still give the alerts.

Effectively the event is still there but just deleted from the calendar view.

Hello Lloyd, I’m not quite sure if I understand the issue, can you please make a screenshot of the issue and submit it to us here on the forum? What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About? What mail/calendar service are you using with eM Client?

What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About?

Thank you,

Hi Paul,

When you have a recurring calendar entry, eg every Monday at 10am, and you delete the entry on one or two of those Mondays, the calendar view is correct.

eg Week 1, 2, 3, (del), (del), 6, 7…

But in Em Client the Agenda view still shows the deleted entries, and the Em Client alert goes off to remind you to go to the event that has been deleted.

Calendar is Gmail, and it behaved correctly and does not show the entry on calendar view and did not send out alerts.

Em Client version 6.0.22344.0

Windows 8.1

Refer attached screen shots

BTW Em Client is great in that it can handle Google Calendar and Outlook cant, and the add-ins for Outlook to sync Google Calendar are extremely buggy and not worth having. 

Hello Lloyd, thank you for reporting this, but unfortunately I wasn’t able to replicate this issue using a Gmail nor a CalDav account, seems like the calendar events disappear from the agenda pane accordingly. Can you please try to install this update, 6.0.22774.0 and check if the issue persists?

Thank you,

Paul,

I have installed the update and it is partially better, in that one of the 2 offending calendar entries is behaving now, but the other isn’t. 

For trying to replicate it, try having the recurring calendar entry sent to you, and then you delete the entry for one of the days.

The alerts seem to be working off the calendar recurring series without checking if you have been deleted as an attendee on that particular day.