receiving 2 copies of mails

eM often uploads 2 copies of mails, so I end up with two mails for each one recieved. It doesn’t happen all of the time.

I’m usig one gmail and one hotmail account but It only seems to happen to hotmail

Any ideas?

Hi. I have seen this too. I’m not sure what causes it either. I think it might have something to do with mixing POP and IMAP protocols.

I’ll try to work out what happened when it happens again.

Hi,
what protocols do you use for hotmail and gmail? Where can you see duplicated emails? Maybe some screenshots of your problem situation will be helpful for us to understand the issue more (you can attach it here or send it to [email protected] if you want to be sure to preserve your privacy).

Here’s a screen shot of my eM Client inbox, showing the problem

There are 4 messages today, each with a duplicate.

Hello,
we would appreciate if you send us more detailed logs: go to menu Tools->Settings->Logging and check Network communication. Then restart eM Client, try to simulate the issue and send us the logs using the same logging settings window.

Regards

I am sorry, logs would probably not help us. We would appreciate if you send us saved both “identical” emails as .eml files so we can compare them.

We analyzed both mails and one is received by Gmail and another one by Hotmail. So it isn’t our bug issue. Don’t you have some forwarding/downloading between accounts set up that can cause an email being stored in both accounts?

What a wally! You’re quite right, it was entirely my fault. All my Hotmail was forwarding to my gmail account. When the emails arrive in gmail, they still give my hotmail address as the recipient so I couldn’t tell they weren’t from the same source. Really sorry to have wasted your time.