Received emails display

Hi -

When I receive emails they are displayed in a font so small as to be barely readable. How can I get them to display in a larger font?

Thank you.

This should help rescue your eyes
 :wink:

Hi Sunriseal -

Thank you for the response. I’m not sure what it is you’re showing me, though! I don’t know what ‘Item lists’ is referring to, but I’m assuming it’s not the size of the font in which received emails are displayed.

Andrew

I am showing you where in the SETTINGS you need to adjust the fonts for the folder lists and email lists.

Hi again -

That makes sense, but it’s not the lists that are a problem; it’s the display of the received emails themselves. People write in different fonts - probably 12 or 14 pt - but I receive them as 8 or 9 pt, which makes them virtually unreadable. I want to be able to read them as they were written and I can’t seem to be able to do it.

Andrew

Have you tried this setting ?

Hi -

I appreciate your perserverence in trying to resolve this one for me. This is the setting I’ve tried and it does increase the font size in certain mails - presumably mails written in that font - but it doesn’t affect mails written in other fonts and of course, people write mails in all sorts of different fonts. Maybe I’m wrong, but I’m sure it ought to display mails as they were written and not display them in a smaller font size than that in which thwey were written.

Well, I guess you can make your suggestions to eM Client by entering it in the Feature Request category of this forum and hope for the best and/or submit a support ticket and perhaps they will have a suggestion for you.

domingo 04 octubre 2020 :: 1300hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @Andrew_Hamling

I’ve just seen your exchanges with @sunriseal and there is something else that you can try.
At the top of the screenshot above (out of view) you can select:
Read all messages in plain text, unfortunately this causes another issue with HTML messages,
which is the probable cause of your issue in the first place, as they will only be part displayed
n text with a link to open the message in your browser with the browser default point size,
though of course you can adjust this to suit.
Just a thought.

¥Saludos desde la soleada España!

Russ

[email protected]

@Andrew_Hamling If you have EM Client Windows, (when reading any email), “Hold down the Ctrl key” and while holding, “Scroll your mouse wheel” forward and backwards. This will increase or decrease the fon’t reading size.

1 Like

Sunday 04 October 2020 :: 1431hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @cyberzork

Brilliant - I knew that ctrl + mouse scroll works in a browser and
other stuff and I never thought to try it in eMC

¥Saludos desde la soleada España!

Russ

[email protected]

1 Like

Thank you skybat and cyberzork for your responses. They’re much appreciated. ‘Hold down the Ctrl key and scroll’ - so simple! Thank you cyberzork. You’ve saved me an awful lot of eyestrain.

Regards,
Andrew

1 Like

Ctrl+Mouse Scroll: As I always say, you learn something new every day
 thanks!!!

Now all I have to do is remember it :roll_eyes: