Receive email for one account at a time.

When you have two email accounts, how do you tick settings to only receive mail for one account at a time and not both at the same time.
If can’t, this would be a tick to add.

Thanks

Hello,

yes, we have this feature Tools - Accounts - click on account you want to exclude and then in general tab there is box called “Include when sending/receiving emails” so just mark it on/off how you need.

with regards
Jan

Thanks for your reply Jan. Will give your suggestion a try to see if that will do what I want.
This is available in Thunderbird.

No, this is not what I would like. You would have to have all accounts enabled to receive mail. If you only have receive and send mail enabled you get nothing for that users address email. So you would have to go back and forth in the accounts setting to receive mail for one users account at a time. What I would like to see is an option on startup screen to change between users accounts.

Thanks

Could be I’m saying the wrong wording. I’M not a programmer. What I want to be able to do is switch between email identities such as, my email or my wife’s email like you could with Outlook Express. Each can get and read their on email.

Thanks.

Hello,

If I have understood right you want to have some kind of profiles between you can switch?
If yes then this is not planned to be implemented because we suppose that every user has his own Windows profile, because then you see only your emails for your address/accounts.

with regards
Jan