Read receipts require recipients to click?!?

I have version 8.2.1659 (845a639). I hope I just haven’t found the right setting to change how read reciepts work. When I ask for one with an email it shows up as a sentence added to my message stating that I want a receipt and requiring the recipient to click “send receipt.” That really isn’t how you have implemented that feature is it? How did it work in version 7?

viernes 29 octubre 2021 :: 0904hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @satan

Obviously I do not know where you are

In Europe under GDPR you need explicit permission to track (read confirmation) any EU resident’s emails, whether they’re prospects or customers, even if you are sending from outside the EU.
Without your recipients opting in to email tracking, GDPR legislation states you can’t use email tracking to tell:

If an email you sent was opened or read
When that email was opened
How many times it was opened
If it was transferred to others
To which email server it was sent, including its location
What kind of web navigator and operating system the recipient of the email uses.

Be aware that if you are caught tracking without permission, subsequently prosecuted and convicted the punishments are severe.

¡Saludos desde la soleada Sevilla en España!
¡Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

I thought you were encountering constant “crashes” and looking for a way to go back to v7.x, per numerous postings in different forum categories?

viernes 29 octubre 2021 :: 1358hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @sunriseal

Just spotted your post on this; somewhat tongue in cheek, perhaps the devil is in the detail.

¡Saludos desde la soleada Sevilla en España!
¡Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

A read receipt is proof that someone opened (read your email). A delivery receipt come from the email server and lets you know that the email was delivered. So, a company may get the email (delivery receipt), but the recipient might be on vacation or ignore your email. These two options have long existed. Were you wanting the recipient to not know you were checking on him or her?