Read emails on iPhoen and reply via Desktop

Have used eM Client on my PC for years - very good. I’m about to try eM on my iPhone but I need to know whether looking at emails on the iPhone then prevents me from seeing them on the desktop. I would like to read them on the phone but write or reply on the PC (fingers too fat for keyboard).
Thanks
meRobs

I would like to read them on the phone but write or reply on the PC

Yes if you have an IMAP, Exchange, Office 365 or iCloud account you can do that with eM Client mob app, as all new or exiting messages composed, replied or forwarded “reside and sync on the server” end.

It’s only POP accounts that cannot do that as they are only locally to the desktop or mobile device.

Thanks for your quick response. However, I think my desktop account for eM was set up via POP!
In any case, I was hoping that both the desktop version and the App would see any incoming email. So, i could read it on the App and then if needing a response I could go to the desktop to reply.
Is that incorrect?
meRobs

So, i could read it on the App and then if needing a response I could go to the desktop to reply.
Is that incorrect

If it’s a POP account, the mailer downloads the Inbox to the local client where you can set it to leave a copy of the inbox messages on the server for X days until it’s deleted from the mail server.

But when you reply to the Inbox messages on your app or tablet, the draft reply “only resides on the local client” and “doesn’t sync to the mailbox on the server” so you won’t see any draft reply to edit on your desktop or any other device mail client. That’s how all mail clients work with POP accounts.

So you either need to change to an IMAP, Exchange, Office 365 or iCloud account where then everything syncs from the server mailbox to all devices.

Or otherwise if you stick with a POP account and replied on the desktop,to the Inbox message, "you will only see the reply on the desktop computer.

Thanks very much for that info. I can now move forward.
meRobs