Quote Email

I am looking for a solution to quote a text from a mail. It is very helpfull to quote by answering a mail. I do not have found the feature, is there a way to quote?
I use eM Client 6.0

greeting :slight_smile:

Do you mean the setting for ‘when replying to a message’ under Tools --> Settings --> Mail --> Replies and forwards?

See screen shot:

If you want to quote just some text of an e-mail, I normally copy and paste it, change the font to italics and give it a special color.

I mean to quote some text of an email to answer questions oder comment something.
For example: Thunderbird insert the marked text by answering a mail. This function would be great.

–> I normally copy and paste it, change the font to italics and give it a special color.

For me this is involved…

Then it might be an idea that eM Client will add a button to the toolbar in the e-mail window which is called [format as quoted text] or something like that.

An end user should then be able to set some font properties of quoted text, like ‘bold’ or ‘italic’ and the color.

You can then select some text in an e-mail, press this button, and it will be formatted as you want (to show that it is quoted text).

Yeah! Exactly THAT is what i mean :slight_smile:

Hi, this sounds like useful feature if you want it to be implemented then create and idea request topic so other users can upvote it to show their interest in this feature too.

Jan

I’ve made an ‘idea’:

https://discourse.emclient.com/emclient/to…