Question regarding how emails displayed when filtered by recieved

Hi, I am a new user driven here by the frustration of outlook 2016 useage…

I like my incoming emails to be displayed as “received” and have set this option accordingly. However, there is an annoying feature in emclient whereby when I do this, my replies to previous are displayed as an incoming email…and also, the main sender does not appear first on the list ( for example, if there are people CC’d, the CC’ed people the email is displayed appear as the person the email is from…) How can I make sure ONLY new incoming emails are displayed, or displayed so that the sender is the name that appears as “received from” ? 

I hope I explained this correctly…

Hi Mark,

You can adjust sorting and visible columns when you right-click on the panel above the mail list. It might be also affected by the layout settings in Menu > Tools > Settings > Mail >  Read > Message list. Please check these settings and let me know if it helped.

Russel

Thanks, the secondary sorting option sorted it…

Hi, OK, I thought this was sorted , but it appears not…currently, I have set primary sort “received” & secondary “from”. As what I want to see is the emails displayed in date/time order with who they are from as the name displayed. Currently it displays the names of all recipients ( if there are people cc’d) and often, with the senders name not appearing first…which is confusing…How can I make just the senders name appear? This is in the main window…

Thanks

Also, just noticed another “issue” - I just forwarded an email to someone and when they replied, the original email disappeared from my main window and then was incorporated into the chain of emails under the reply from the person I forwarded the email to…

This cant be right? 

Hi Mark,

It seems as a behaviour of the Conversation mode. If you don’t like it, you can switch the Conversation mode off in Menu > Tools > Settings > Mail > Read.

The first problem looks like eM Client is seeing the Inbox as  a Sent folder. Please check the special folders in Menu > Tools > Accounts > Your account > IMAP if these are saved correctly. 

Russel