Proplems Creating Gmail POP Account

I’m using eMClient version 6 on a Windows 8.1 system.

I tried setting up my gmail account as POP.
I keep getting connection failed error
I’ve set it up correctly in the past with Live Mail and Thunbderbird

After the initial setup (for the fourth time) I ticked Ignore error…
Manually I put in the proper ports for POP and SMTP with the same results

Any help will be appreciated

James

One more question.

Why didn’t I have any problems connecting to my Gmail Account as POP3 with Windows Live Mail and Thunderbitrd??

Hello??

I’ve been at this all day.

Is there anyone here who h]can assist me??

Hell, I’ll just go back to Windows Live Mail.

I know one product I won’t purchase.

Hello Jay, if you’re trying to setup eM Client with your Gmail account using POP as the incoming protocol, please make sure to use the “Fix” options if the setup fails. This should allow you to setup the correct port, if you’re using any security software please make sure to temporarily disable any security elements for the setup in order to check if the issue persists.

Thank you,

Hi. I want to apologize for my impatiens. I get like that when a program I like doesn’t work properly.

Any, choosing “Fix” worked fine.

It might have been a bad install. I reinstalled it and had no problems after that.

Thanks much,

James

Hello James, glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application , we’ll be happy to help.

Regards,

I am also using the eMClient, i had tried may time to configure the gmail as pop account, but no success, even i tried fix, it didn’t work.
Any suggestion.

Server Says [AUTH]Web Login required.

One thing to check when using GMail POP, is the server settings. I find that eM Client gets this wrong every time.

host: pop.gmail.com
port: 995
security policy: Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)

host: smtp.gmail.com
port: 465
security policy: Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)