Proper Password

What is supposed to be the password used in: Accounts>Authenication>Password ? I’m showing 16-digit password & have no clue where it came from! Can this password be re-set or is it set by eM Client?

Perhaps should have asked what is the password used in: Password Protection>Password Protected Startup. I show a 28-digit password & don’t know where it came from!

What is supposed to be the password used in: Accounts>Authentication>Password

You would need to ask your mailbox technical support as they are the only ones who know what it is.

If you don’t know what it is, or its not working they can reset it for you. Once its reset at your mailbox end, delete the password digits shown in eM Client accounts password & retype it & save.

Perhaps should have asked what is the password used in: Password Protection>Password Protected Startup. I show a 28-digit password & don’t know where it came from!

If you are not able to startup / open eM Client due to Password Protection see this thread.

Cannot Access eM Client Due to Password Protection - eM Client

At a previous suggestion made by another party, I went in and deleted the Settings folder and restarted eM Client. It worked fine except it now relies on a password. My old password doesn’t work anymore & I’ve also tried several Login names & still can’t log-in normally. I really don’t want to give up on eM Client! BTW, I’ve set my IMAP & SMTP such that it uses “My identity credentials”.

I followed Gary’s instructions to Pam & my old password still doesn’t work along with a few other passwords that have used!