Problems with synchronization of emails for yahoo on Mac

Hi, since I have installed the new update of EMClient 9 on my mac, the synchronization of my emails from Yahoo bugs frequently for the emails for which I set up rules: I got the emails mixed up between them with emails having the body of another email (for instance the email from X shows the body text of the email from Y). Moreover, this results in the wrong emails being deleted.
This issue is quite frustrating, thank you.

I got the emails mixed up between them with emails having the body of another email (for instance the email from X shows the body text of the email from Y). Moreover, this results in the wrong emails being deleted.

If your Yahoo mail looks ok when when you view it online via webmail in a browser, I would then suggest to try remove and re-add your Yahoo email account in eM Client via “Menu / Accounts” along the top menu and see if the email body’s then appears then appear ok when you view the emails.

Backup first via “Menu / Backup” along the top menu before removing your Yahoo account.

Hi, since I have installed the new update of EMClient 9 on my mac.

Also what version of eM Client for Mac did you update to ?

Hi, thank you.
I did remove and re-add my account, although I saved the parameters but I didn’t do a backup which resulted that I add to re-attribute all the rules to the correct folder again. The problem still happens occasionally (not every time, but maybe once per week).
I have the version 9.0.1755 (44575e0).

Maybe the problem is related to the fact that I turned on the option to download also the emails on my computer (IMAP options), which my create issues with synchronization. However I didn’t have this issue with previous versions (but I had occasionally the other one of emails appearing twice).