Problems with Display

I am having issues with the display of the email client.  For example, the header of the main screen has text so large that the bottom half of the text is cut off.  Also, when I go into settings and other menus, I can’t see all of the boxes where I would need to type to make changes, and there is no scroll bar on the bottom of those setting boxes to scroll over.  I need to enter my license key, but I can’t, because the font in the settings box for it is so big, I can’t see what the options are, and again, there are no scroll bars on the sides, top, or bottom that let me scroll over.

I’ve attached screenshots.  What should I do?  Thank you.

Go to Menu > Tools > Settings > Appearance > Themes and choose the default Modern Theme. See if that makes a difference. 

You did not say which version of eM Client you are using. 7.2.36465 was riddled with issues, many of them to do with display. Whichever version you are using, upgrade to Friday’s release from the Release History and see if that helps.

I set the theme to Modern, as you suggested, but it didn’t fix anything.

When I went into Help, then About to find out what version I was using, this is what popped up. 

I then went into Windows Control Panel, and it said I was using 7.2.36908.0.  I downloaded the update you recommended but haven’t yet installed it.  I am trying to backup my emails first, but it won’t tell me how long it will take.  Is it safe to install the newer version without backing up my emails first?

Yes, it is safe to install another version without backup.

I installed the latest update, but the display is still funky.

Are you using any tweaking software on your computer, like Winaero, Rainmaker, TweakNow etc. ?

No.

One thing you can try is to use a blank database and see if there is any difference.

Go to Menu > Tools > Settings > General > Storage. Make a note of the current database location (should be C:\Users_username_\AppData\Roaming\eM Client).

Change the location to somewhere else by clicking o the three dots after the path. Doesn’t matter where, so something like c:\1\

Restart eM Client.

What does it look like?