Problem with contacts that have birthdays

I use the latest version of eM Client and are syncing with my outlook.com account.
I am getting this error with all contacts that have a birthday: “Error in client/server conversion”
If I delete the birthday from the contacts, I have no problem.

I am also having this problem.  emClient fails to synchronize changes to contact birthdays with outlook.com.

Platform:  Windows 10 Home, Version: 1709, Build: 16299.371
Online: outlook.com
emClient version: 7.1.32088.0

The log contains the following entries (actual user name replaced with x’s):
12:23:58 PM [email protected] [AirSync]  Uploading item(s) to folder ‘[email protected]/Contacts/’
12:23:58 PM   MailClient.Storage.Application.ItemOperationException: Error in client/server conversion.

The problem is replicable, and occurs as such:

• Add a birthday to an existing contact, click Save.
  • Change a birthday on an existing contact, click Save.

Further information:
This appears to be a problem only when changes are made at the client and it is attempting to sync them to outlook.com.  If you add or change a birthday on outlook.com, it syncs properly to emClient.  The AirSync error occurs every time a sync runs, causing an annoying number of error dialogs to be created.

One solution is to setup the account as Exchange, which doesn’t use EAS (AirSync).

Thank you Gary.  Relative newcomer to emClient.  Knew it supported Exchange, but was not aware outlook.com mail/calendar was retrievable via an Exchange server.  Have set it up and it appears to be working fine.