Problem with Archive and Delete

When I received my mails in eM Client, the message appears in both Input and Archive. Is it because of the way I set in my Gmail?
The problem is in eM Client, if I click delete, then both disappear. But if I click Archive, then both go to All Mail.
Please help me fix this.

Hello Terry, not completely sure what you’re suggesting, do you mean your Inbox? Are you using any rules on your computer or on your mail server with this Gmail account?

Can you check your webmail interface if the message receives an “Archive” label when received by the client/server?

What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About?

Thank you

When I received my mail in eM Client, the message appears in both Inbox and Archive.
If I click delete, then both disappear. But if I click Archive, then both go to All Mail.
I only want 1 in the All Mail folder, instead of manually deleting 1.
I am using version 6.0.22344.0
Please help me fix this.

Hi Paul,
The difference between Gmail webmail and your software is although the new mails appear in both Inbox and All Mail, but in Gmail webmail, when I click archive in Inbox, the mails disappear, and I only see 1 mail message in All Mail.
In eM Client, the new mails also appear in both Inbox and All Mail, but when I click delete, then both disappear. But if I click Archive, then both go to All Mail.
I only want 1 in the All Mail folder, instead of manually deleting 1.
Is there a bug in eM Client?
Why has no one found it before?

Hello again Terry, what you’re referring to is unfortunately a known problem to us, this is unfortunately caused by the Gmail’s labeling system feature, you can find more detailed info here: http://support.emclient.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/65/7/why-do-i-have-multiple-copies…

Essentially, when assigning messages with labels using Gmail’s servers (note that by copying or moving the message in eM client changes or ads labels to your message on Gmail), IMAP connections only have information about messages for each folder - thus we have no option to recognize that the message is already in a different folder as the message also includes a unique ID that is different from the original message.

The All Mail folder unfortunately shows messages collected from all your email folders, and thus if your message has multiple labels, it may appear duplicated in eM Client.