Problem when waking up from hibernation under Windows

Hello,

I just switched to emClient (7.0.27943.0) and love it but before switching to pro version, I have a really boring problem:
On Windows 7, when I use hibernate mode and having left emClient open, when the computer is restarted, emClient shows connection problems in the Operation window.
If I close the Operation window and ask to check for new emails again, it works. I think the problem is that emClient try to check for new emails too fast (before the network stack or Wifi connection is up and running)
Is there a way to delay a little bit this operation ?

Thanks

No one has an idea ?

Hello,

There is an option in settings - general “not to synchronise items at startup”, but we found out this function is not working properly in some versions. Try this solution and let me know if that was helpful.

Russel

Thanks for your answers.
I already tried not to synchronise emails at startup but it doesn’t change anything :frowning:

I am sorry for the inconvenience. This bug will be fixed in a new update so please be patient until the release.

Russel

OK, thanks.
Cross fingers.

I am using version 7.1.32792.0 and have the same error.   After resuming from hibernate I almost always get an error because emClient is synchronizing before the network connection has started.  A year and several releases ago you indicated that this will be fixed.   Any plans?

Malcolm

I wonder if there might be a difference in the way eM Client detects the network connection with different versions of Windows. I tested it with Windows 10 1803 build 17134.137. After 5 hibernates, I did not get a single error. My observation is that eM Client remains offline after resuming from hibernate until the Internet connection is re-established. Only then does eM Client return to online and immediately force a sync with the IMAP server.
OP said he was using Windows 7. What version of Windows are you using Malcolm?

Gary,

Thank you for your reply, and experimentation.    I am running Windows 10 Pro, Version 1803, Build 17134.112.   I get an error about 4 out of 5 resumes from hibernate.

I can see the network card reconnecting (I am LAN attached, not wireless ), and emClient definitely errors before the reconnect.

Malcolm

Could be the difference between WiFi and LAN, I really don’t know.

Do you have a Pro License Malcolm? If you do, please open a support ticket. I am sure they will be able to take this further.

My wife’s laptop which is at the same windows 10 version as mine but connects via WiFi exhibits the same issues, but not as frequently.

My licence is not Pro - just the free one , so no ticket :frowning:

I too get those errors if I allow the computer to sleep (I don’t really use hibernate).  However, it works fine-- even seems to sync OK after awakening without manual intervention.  The error seems to be on with eitherr LAN or WiFi.  I just ignore it.