Problem updating

Currently using a fresh install straight from the setup.msi in the download page (6.0.20480.0). It then says that new update is available (6.0.20498.0). Yet, everytime I download and install the update I get an error message saying a network error occured when reading setup.msi.

What seems to be the problem here?

EDIT:
So I decided to copy the .msi file created by the update process (from windows temp folder), and then run it after I uninstalled previous installation. Apparently the new installation still registers as 6.0.20498.0.
Let me get this straight. The program checks for update, found a new release, but redirects it to download the old .msi setup file?
I am pestered to update everytime I open this application, yet the update process itself is useless. I can’t find an option to disable auto-update check either.

Hi, we can disable the auto update in our licensing system, I’m not sure what error occurred that might have caused this, but I can assure you the updates are usually working great.
Can you try downloading the update from our website (http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.20498/setup.msi) and install it from the downloaded file?

Let me know if that helped, thank you,
Paul.

I’ve downloaded the setup.msi from the link you have provided.
I then proceeded in uninstalling eM Client and made sure C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client folder is properly gone.
After reinstallation with the mentioned setup file above, I’m still finding the version as 6.0.20480.0.

I’m not completely sure where are you finding the 20480 version, can you please comment on this, if you open the application and go to Help > About, what version number are you seeing?

Thank you,
Paul.

That’s exactly how I got the 6.0.20480.0 version number: Through Help > About.
Here’s a screenshot:
http://imgur.com/SL4GGyS

Ok, can you please download this version (the one you currently have http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.20480/setup.msi) and run the installer, you should be asked if you want to uninstall the current version, do that and after the installation quits, run the update I’ve sent you previously, that should help.

Thank you,
Paul.

Tried it, still doesn’t work. Every setup.msi just gives me 6.0.20480.0.
One thing I noticed is both versions you gave me have the same size: 15,028,224 bytes. It shouldn’t be like this, should it?

EDIT:
Here’s a compiled screenshot I took from Chrome’s download manager and Windows file properties:
http://imgur.com/pdPL7d1

I have solved my problem.
I simply downloaded 6.0.20498.0 from Softpedia’s own mirrored file and it works fine.

Whatever setup.msi you guys are serving through your official server, they’re all version 6.0.20480.0.

This experience had left a bad taste in my mouth. I shall defer my purchasing decision (and eM Client recommendation to my clients) as I simply can’t recommend a product from a company who make this sort of elementary mistake (which is a shame, as it’s actually a very good product).

Hi that’s correct. Did the application uninstall while you were running the first setup 20480?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi, I can assure you, the downloaded versions from our server are correct version, this is quite odd that you’ve suddenly stopped having the issue while reinstalling, but I tried to uninstall my client several times and tested the versions that I’ve sent you and the installed version number is correct.

Anyways I’m glad that it works now, let us know if you come across any other issues or questions, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.

Says updates available; however, the updates fail - cannot find file tmpAB34.tmp.msi - yet it takes me to the website congratulating me on my successful update! I was several updates behind. Used the “check for available updates” to get the most recent version number. Then I used the URL provided above by support and changed the version number http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.20617/setup.msi to find the correct file to download. I ran the downloaded msi file and uninstalled the old version, then had to run it again to install the new version. I am on the latest version and so far, it seems to be working fine. A lot of steps to get an upgrade that should be relatively seamless. Hope the new version has better update capability. 

I have the same problem - it installs 6.0.20604.0 and wants to update to 6.0.20617.0.
Tried numerous times and even downloaded the file from Softpedia to no avail.

Getting exasperated as I have a problem with every installation I do for my clients. They will not convert to the paid version if it’s such a schlep.

Hi, hope it works well, not sure what might have caused this issue, if it occurs again, let us know, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi, can you try to download the new version from the link Dee posted above (e.g. from our website). Try to run the installer, and let me know if the update worked.

If you have any future issues with updating or this doesn’t help either, let me know, I’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.

PC back at client so cannot do it. I did download a a file from Softpedia with the correct version number but it still showed up as the installed version.

The same problem I had a while ago with a different PC.

Ok, please let me know when you have this issue again, so we can get more information.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi - I am using ver 6.0.20604 and I get a notice saying update failed aftertrying to update. This has happened a number of times. Is there a solution?

This is exactly he problem I have…

The installation worked, but it thinks I’m a brand new user and wants to me setup everything from scratch. How do I get the new installation to recognize my old setup and data files?

Hi, I believe this is due to insufficient right on your Temp folder, try to navigate to that folder (App Data is a hidden folder so you have to go to View > Show hidden folders, in your local folder) and right click the Temp folder and check if you have the permission to read from this folder.

Thank you,
Paul.