Problem synching IMAP folders

I have found that in the last couple of days, when em Client synchronizes my email folders with my email provider Lavabit via IMAP, and it gets to the point where it tries to sync the Trash folder, em Client stops processing operations. Then, 15 minutes later when em Client tries to synch folders again, it fails to do so because it thinks there is an operation already in progress. em Client was not behaving in this manner a few days ago. I have to restart em Client in order to check for new mail. I am currently running version 5.0.17263.0.

I have no problems of this sort with em Client managing my email from another account that’s not on Lavabit, so I suspect that there is some problem with em Client talking with the Lavabit IMAP server. Any advice? Thanks.

Send us your logs please: go to menu Tools->Settings->Advanced->Logging and check “IMAP” under the problematic account. Then restart eM Client, try to simulate the issue and send us (with reference to this topic) the logs using the same logging settings window. Thank you.

I’m having the same problem with my Gmail “All Mail” folder and the log is too large to email (76,600kb)

Delete the log file and create it again - it should be much smaller.

I have found that I no longer have this problem, either yesterday or overnight. One thing that I tried that *may* have helped is to right-click on the Trash folder in the left-hand column of the Mail application, then Properties, then Repair. At first, it did not seem that Repair had fixed my email, but I tried it again later and things started working. It may be coincidence.

I would send my logs but the problem is no longer present.

Did you repair your Trash file because that’s the one it was getting stuck syncing? Did it take a really long time? I tried to repair mine, but it said “not responding” forever, so I shut it down. There were 4000 emails in my trash folder, now there are none :(. But my All Mail folder is the one that it’s getting stuck on, and at over 80,000 emails, I’m hesitant to do a repair and lose everything.

Yes, I chose to repair the Trash folder because it was the folder that got “stuck” in the Operations when the folders were synchronized, plus if I lost email from the Trash folder, it didn’t matter. It didn’t take long to repair, but then I don’t let that much trash accumulate before emptying it. I don’t blame you for being hesitant to try to repair anything other than Trash.