Problem starting emClient

After power failure  and restarting the PC i cant start the emclient this is the error:

System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x80004005): unable to open database fileunable to open database file
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Prepare(SQLiteConnection cnn, String strSql, SQLiteStatement previous, UInt32 timeoutMS, String& strRemain)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.BuildNextCommand()
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.GetStatement(Int32 index)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader…ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.Open()
   at MailClient.Storage.Data.DataStore.GetConnection(String relativeName)
   at DbRepair.CorruptionChecker.CheckCorruption()
   at DbRepair.FormCheck.Check(Object state)

Please help

When DbRepair is working and comes to security_profiles.dat it stopes/crashes

Why is the existence of DbRepair.exe - when it is not  repairing  ???

• Make a copy of the contents of C:\Users\ current user \AppData\Roaming\eM Client (if you are using default database location)
  • Delete the contents of that folder
  • Start eM Client and restore an earlier backup, or set up your email account again.

I have the same issue. Deleting everything is not a solution. Especially since I have thousands of emails and it will take hours to download.

I use Imap so most of them are online but the local folders are no so I would need to save those. This is not the first time I have had this problem and am very leery about relying on a program where there is no solution to fix it exceptfor deleting everything.

Hello everybody,

We’re very sorry you’re experiencing this. DbRepair.exe can repair everything that is possible to repair, irreparably damaged database after a power failure is rare and it’s unfortunate if it happened more than once (in Joseph’s case). Starting with a new database (as described by John) is regrettably the only solution we can offer.

With apologies,
Maurice

Agreed but only the mail database not the entire directory as was suggested. By looking at DBRepair I can see which file it bombs on and that is the one that was not able to be repaired. I am in the IT sector and know a lot about databases. It is just frustrating to have to wait hours for it to fix itself.  Not sure how the SQL got corrupted and why the DBRepair could not fix it but if there were more diagnostics information available then it may be able to be fixed. Just need the tools to do it.