Problem setting up Gmail account (eM Client v. 6.0.23241.0) Google Authentication error 2 way verification

Problem setting up Gmail account 

**2 way verification (**Google Authenticator)

I am not able to setup my Google Account in eM. It is secured by 2 way verification. After keying in verification code following error message is displayed.

"You’ve reached this page because we have detected that Javascript is disabled in your browser. The page you attempted to load cannot display properly if scripts are disabled.

Please enable scripts and retry the operation or go back in your browser." 

If 2 way verification is disabled for the Gmail account, it works fine.

Does not accept " App Specific password".  I installed and tried or use version 6.0.23241.0.

However it does not work.

Kindly resolve the issue ASAP and inform.

Hello Satyaprakash,
this is currently a known issue we are experiencing with 2 step verification and we’re working on a solution.
We’re sorry for the continued inconvenience. We’ll inform everyone when the fix is available.

Regards,
Olivia

In the meanwhile, I suggest that you provide for login through ’ app specific password’ until problem is fixed. This would ensure that a user  can use eM Client without disabling ‘2 step verification’ in Gmail security settings.

Hope u will accept this suggestion…which would helpful to many users facing this problem

Regards,

Satyaprakash

Hi Satyaprakash,
we’re not really choosing to not allow the app specific password. It’s actually Google blocking the OAuth functions (which goes for both 2step and app passwords) for Internet explorer. We are working on a workaround to this issue.

Regards,
Olivia