Problem launching eM Client following boot up - troubleshoot says program not correctly closed previously

em Client has suddenly started failing to launch following boot up or on demand. Troubleshooting reports the program did not close correctly when last open. How do I correct this problem please?

Hello, is the database repair tool run after clicking on the application launcher? Are you able to open the application? This can occur if the application was not properly closed or couldn’t uninitialize, that can occur during a forced shutdown of the application or your computer for example…

Regards,

Yes I tthink so - after clicking the troubleshooter and choosing the program choice rather than the compatability option, it goes through the motions and eventually resolves the issue by telling me that the program did not shut down correctly - followed by an automatic launch.  I have to do this every time on the first cold start up of the day.  Subsequent launches either by clicking ‘Open’ or ‘Run as Administrator’ are without problems - just that initial start up. Would a new, clean installation solve this problem do you think?  What would I need to do to save 20 or so emails which I have in a ‘retained mail’ folder?
Regards, Bryan L

I have the same problem every time I start the program. The repair tool runs and restarts the program to the same issue. It is a constant loop starting with this screen

Not quite sure what you need me to do here?  The above screen I have never seen in relation to this problem!  To repeat - the troubleshooter checks the data base and in so doing resolves the problem but for some reason does not ‘save’ the correction for the next COLD boot up and we go with the merry go around again - each time on a new, fresh boot up to the day.  All other launches during the day are performed correctly.  I have tried disabling the anti virus program on boot up but this is not the culprit.  I have also installed eM Client on a secondary SSD but again the problem is still there.
FRUSTRATED CLIENT!!

Hello Peter, seems like your application is crashing, can you please click on the “Show error” button, copy the content of the error and submit it to us here on the forum?

Thank you,

Hello, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About? Can you please check if the application is running in the Task Manager after you close it using the close button or by quitting the application in File > Exit? If the application is still running after hitting the close button, please run this utility, http://www.emclient.com/tools/emstackdump.exe and submit the stack dump generated to my email.

Please submit the additional data to my work mail, [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,

Posted in a new thread so as not to hijack this thread. My apologies to Lillybry.

I’ve posted a blog about emclient to the support staff to investigate . . I’ve noticed that if emclient is minimised in windows 10 the icon on the taskbar doesn’t get underlined so there’s nothing to show the program is actually running/open. I close many of my programs from the taskbar and get msg ‘program not correctly closed’ for emclient. Hoping they’ll come up with a fix.