Problem Installing Update

Today when I started eM Client (Windows 10) the message New update is available appeared. I clicked Download and saw the notice Preparing to install. Shortly after that, a Windows Installer window opened with the message Another program is being installed. Please wait until that installation is complete, and then try installing this software again. I have had this happen at other times in the past. What is the “other program” that is being installed, and how can I get the eM Client update to run? If I click the Menu button, then Help and Check for Update… , the same thing happens. My current version is 7.2.36465.0, and the versions said to be available are 36694 and 36908.

You can download the latest version of eM Client from the Release History. That will download a file to your computer that you can double-click to install.

Thanks for the suggestion, Gary. I downloaded a file named setup.msi by clicking 7.2.36908.0 on the Release history page that you referenced. I then stopped my current eM Client program and executed the downloaded file. Unfortunately, I get the same Another program is being installed. message. Any other ideas?

You could try restarting Windows, then before starting any applications, install the file.

Thanks again, Gary. Before I saw your latest comment that’s just what I did, and it worked! I’m now up to date with the latest update.