Problem importing Sent mail from WLM - also how do I import ALL mail from GMail?

I have just set-up eM Client with 2 accounts, NTL & GMail - all is well on sending & receiving mail from/to either of the accounts, plus have imported contacts OK but am still having difficulties with a couple of items - The first is importing Sent mail from WLM - Import of received mail went OK but will only import folders for Sent mail, but no mail inside of them.  The second item is how do I import mail from my
GMail account?

Hi Stuart, your Gmail account should be using the IMAP protocol to synchronize your messages, if you’ve setup the account in eM Client all the items should be automatically synchronized with the client and downloaded to the application.

However I’m not completely sure what are you referring to as “no mail inside of them” were no emails imported? How did you import your data did you use the import data from windows live mail option or did you select to import your accounts?

Thank you,
Paul

Hi Paul - There are two separate issues here - perhaps I should have made tow posts to avoid confusion between the two of them. However htey are kind of related in as much as they relate to the fact that when I set up eM Client to my NTL account & my GMail account each of being within both Windows Live Mail & the GMail, NO emails or contacts were automatically imported.
I then imported contacts OK & also the imported OK ‘received’ emails from Windows Live Mail.

The first issue is that I cannot import the ‘SENT’ emails from within WLM - I have tried exporting from WLM in WLM format & importing into eM Client but all I get are empty folders with no emails inside of them.

The second issue is that NONE of the emails, sent or received, were imported from GMail during the set-up operation & I cant find a way of importing them. I understand that they should sync with GMail & come over into eM Client automatically, but they don’t.

The NTL account is POP3 but the GMail is IMAP

Many Thanks

Stuart

Hi Stuart, let me re-state my answer to the Gmail issue.

Using IMAP all your data should be synchronized with the server, but if you’ve just setup the account, only the messages and content that is already available on the server will be downloaded and synchronized with the application, please login to your gmail account and check if your items are available in the webmail.

If the issue persists, and your data are available on the server however are not being downloaded, please make a screenshot of the issue.

As to the WLM import issue, I’m still not completely sure with your import process, eM Client can only import data from WLM directly by using the built-in import feature in File > Import.

You can select the accounts or the database files that should be imported, however you can’t do both at once.
If you have your sent mail still visible in WLM, you should be able to import the data from this folder by using the database import from WLM in eM Client and by selecting the sent folder that you want to import.

After you do so, you also have to select the folder to which the messages will be imported to.

Again if the issue persists, please make a screenshot of the issue for more detailed information.

Thank you,
Paul

Hi Paul - 1st issue - NTL Sent Mail - I noticed that the folders shown in the Import procedure for WLM were not exactly the same as those actually in WLM - so went back into WLM & moved Sent emails to another folder that  was - Tried import from this folder & all went well - so this issue resolved.

2nd Issue - old GMail not importing - after looking at the emails in GMail noticed that they were same as those already held on eM Client as imported from GMail yesterday so I’m happy to ingore these - so this issue resolved

Have now deleted my desktop links to WLM & GMail on my laptop & wil continue to use eM Client.

I’m happy that new incomming GMail syncs OK with eM Client on both computer & laptop.

Many Thanks

Stuart

Hi again Stuart, I’m glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul