Pro license confusion

Hi,

Hopefully someone from emClient will pick this up…

I was planning to purchase a pro license for two machines. One is Windows 10 pro where I have downloaded the latest emClient. The other is Windows 10 S mode where I have downloaded emClient from the Microsoft Store - which is, of course, the only option for this version of the OS.

Pro licensing for the first scenario seems to be a straightforward £44.95 purchase from the website. However, the Store version seems to be a monthly subscription (which appears cheaper over 12 months than the website license - 12 x £1.69 = £20.28).

It seems like the Store version is a current version - is it maintained and is the monthly subscription the only way to license that one?

Lee

martes 12 octubre 2021 :: 2248hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @LeeL

Yes eMC from the Microsoft store is only by subscription, I do not know how much this as I have never looked, however, it is an ongoing fee.
The Pro version from eMC is 34.95 € (euro) and is a one time payment in Spain (if you have VPN use a Spanish location as UK equivalent is about £30.00)

Because you are in ‘S’ mode you can only run software/apps that are available from MS Store.
Here is what to do if you want to change this, there is no charge to do this.

In Windows 10 ‘S’ mode, open Settings -> Update & Security -> Activation.

In the Switch to Windows 10 Home or Switch to Windows 10 Pro section, select Go to the Store.
##IMPORTANT###
[If you also see an “Upgrade your edition of Windows” section,
be careful NOT to click the “Go to the Store” link that appears there.]

At the Switch out of ‘S’ mode [or similar - wording is sometimes different] page in the Microsoft Store,
select the GET button.
You should shortly see a confirmation message on the page!

Once you’ve done this before you do anything else do this:

Open Command Prompt in Admin mode:
Copy & Paste and run: sfc /scannow

Now Reboot your system.

It is a Microsoft utility that will check/repair your system.
Missing or corrupt files will be replaced.
You must be connected to the internet when carrying out this procedure.
You will now be able to install software/apps from outside of the Microsoft Store.

¡Saludos desde la soleada Sevilla en España!
¡Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

Thanks Skybat for the reply - I don’t want to switch the device out of S mode, hence using the Store version.