Primary IMAP account not syncing after update to 6.0.22313.0

after updating on Saturday my primary imap account no longer downloads new messages, I have a secondary pop account which seems to be fine.

The operations log window shows everything working fine connecting and syncing but no new messages appear, also the I’ve diagnose button on the account shows everything as being ok and sends an email which I can see through the web interface of my provider (fastmail.fm).

I’ve tried setting the secondary account as primary and disabling/enabling the imap account but nothing seems to work.

any suggestions?

Cheers
Matt Chan

why arent emclient responding to these emails?

Hello Matt, our latest updates has introduced a new feature and a couple of bug fixes, however I do believe there have been no changes made to features allowing you to synchronize the standard IMAP accounts.
If you’re having issues with the account, are you seeing any errors when trying to synchronize your items with the server?

Can you make a screenshot of the account settings you’re using with your email account in Tools > Accounts > Your account > IMAP/POP?

Are you using any security software on your computer that may have disabled the application’s ability to connect to your server?

Hi Paul,

I don’t believe anything is blocking the connections as the logs say the client is connecting and synchronising.

Cheers,
Matt

Hello again Matt, sorry for the belated reply, are you still experiencing this issue with your account using the latest release? We’ve released a couple of fixes regarding the latest features… 6.0.22336.0

Please update to the latest release and check if the issue persists.

Thank you.

Hi Paul,

I’ve just let the client update to the latest version but still the same symptoms, logs say it successfully synchronised but no new mail is downloaded.

If I go to the diagnostics tab on my account and click diagnose it sends a test message I can see via my web mail but never makes it into my eM client inbox.

Not sure what to do next.

Matt

Hello Matt, please navigate to Tools > Settings > Advanced and enable IMAP logging for the problematic account, save the settings, restart the application, replicate the issue, once the error reoccurs, please go back to the advanced settings window and submit the logging data to us by using the “Send logs” button in the Advanced settings window.

Please submit a copy of the message to my work mail as well, [email protected] and please include a reference link to this forum topic for more information about the error.

Note: once you enable logging, please try to resynchronize your items using the Work offline/online option in File > Work offline or by restarting the application, let the application finish sync and if the issue persists, please restart the application and submit the logging data.

Hi Paul,
Sorry for the delay in replying, I actually deleted the account last weekend and added it back which has resolved the problem.
Thanks for your help though.
Cheers
Matt Chan

Hello Matt, glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you.