prefix quoted replies

I discovered eM Client about a month ago and I’m really enjoying using it. There’s just one small thing that bothers me which I can’t resolve.

I prefer to use plain text messages. When I reply to an email, I like to have the original message bottom quoted. In other email clients, I can have each line of the original, quoted message prefixed by a character of my choice (normally ‘>’), so it looks something like this:

> From: “Someone”
> To: “Me”

> Hi,

> Something something something
> Another line

> Ok bye.

This lets me clearly embed my replies in the quoted original, so I can easily respond to specific points.

I can’t figure out how to make eM Client do this. Does anyone know? It’s not quite a deal breaker, but almost…

Thanks,
Dan

Hi, if you’re using Plain text the > symbol is actually there for replies, but eM Client displays it as a line… But if you look into the mail source there’s the > symbol for every line on reply…

Unfortunately this can’t be changed so the line is not displayed…

But other mail clients should see it as > for every line…

Hope this helps, glad you like the app overall,
Paul.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for responding so quickly. 

I wasn’t getting the line so I took another look at the settings and discovered ‘include and indent’ in the ‘Replies and Forwards’ section. Now I have the line and I see in the mail source that is it in reality a ‘>’

I’m not so keen on the line in the client - it doesn’t really fit with the plain text setting in my opinion - but ultimately I get what I need, which is great.

Thanks for your help,
Dan

Great, if you come across any other issues, or questions about the application, let us know, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.