Predicted contacts

Running Version 9.2.1222 How do I completely clear the list of predicted contacts? I have cleared the list in Mail|Compose and deselected all contact folders but still when I start typing a name in the To: box a list of addresses appears. They are nearly all out of date or incorrect and not in any of my current contact folders but I can’t see a way to stop them appearing.

Open the eM Client settings and go to the “Mail” section, and then select the “Compose” subsection. You will see a “Recipients History” section, where you can click “Clear recipients history”.

Other option is just type “history” in the settings search at the top right of the settings window and it will take you to that setting.

1 Like

I’d tried that already but have tried again and still have the problem.

It’s probably the same problem as this Email suggestion based on addresses from all sent emails

Yup I’m pretty sure it is. Would be good for one of the devs to notice this!

I have tried reverting to 9.1 but 9.1 can’t open the database created by 9.2 so to revert I would have to a complete clean install.

What a mess!

@greenfid

I have tried reverting to 9.1 but 9.1 can’t open the database created by 9.2 so to revert I would have to a complete clean install.

If you have been doing eM Client backups regularly either manually via “Menu / Backup” or automatic periodic backups via “Menu / Settings / General / Backup” these create “dated backup.zip files” of the database and all program account settings etc in your Documents / eM Client profile folder.

If you then have a problem after upgrading the program or something goes wrong with the program anytime, you can then uninstall eM Client and delete the newer database when asked on uninstall, and then reinstall the older eM Client version from the release history page.

Then when you open eM Client “skip the initial setup” and restore your older matching program version dated backup.zip file via “Menu / File / Restore”. Much easier than going from scratch.

So check your profile Documents / eM Client folder to see if you have backup.zip files.

Thanks cyberzork. I do have backups set up but I also have emclient set to only keep three backups. So all my backups are from 9.2

@greenfid

I do have backups set up but I also have emclient set to only keep three backups. So all my backups are from 9.2

Maybe then as you don’t have any 9.1 backups, then just ignore the suggested sent recipients in V9.2 which is what I personally do currently, untill there is an option to disable those in Settings.

Suggestion for future eM Client upgrades, “before upgrading” to any brand new version in case of any issues & you want to roll back, create another folder in your Documents / eM Client with the “same name” eg: 9.1 and then copy the backup.zip files into that folder. I do that especially when a major version comes out like say when V10 eventually arrives.

I found an earlier backup in Onedrive’s recycle bin so now have a working 9.1 :grinning:

1 Like