Possible Inbox sorting malfunction

Tried to sort Inbox and because it was taking too long I selected another directory without success. Tried going to Calendar, Tasks etc but then eM froze and locked up completely. (Use Win 7 Ult.)
Went to Task Manager and did End Process to terminate, then restarted. Now loaded and OK.
Seems like there may be a sorting issue.

System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: The database file is locked
database is locked
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Step(SQLiteStatement stmt)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader…ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.Open()
at DbRepair.DbTools.OpenConnection(String fileName)
at DbRepair.Form1.CheckCorruption()
at DbRepair.Form1.Check(Object state)

I tried to replicate this problem again but it seems stable now.

This usually happens when your database is accessed by another program.

I have now established that when my system is shut down after installing software that automatically restarts, the eM client takes more than 2 hours to show up again.

The only way I could see that it was active was through the Task Manager. Once it is running again, the memory usage is around 260 MB.

Another tendency is for eM to become unresponsive for a long time if you do a search for a specified name. I am unable to quantify my statement but it seems as if the v5 search function is slower than the v4 was.

Also, I am unable to fathom out what other program would/may be accessing my eM database. Surely there should be some sort of security for such unauthorised access?

Thanks.

An anomaly that is of concern is the search function: there is no way to abandon or terminate a search. When I change directory whilst the search is running eM freezes instantly. In v 4 this action terminated any search instantly and quickly listed the selected directory.

I find searching via the search bar to be unacceptable. Even though it is redious, it is far quicker to scroll through the directory manually.

I therefore discount the v 5 search function as non-functional, a big step back from v 4.

Sorry team - you will have patch this one!

It can be caused e.g. by a backup program - do you use any?

Search can be cancelled by the red cross icon in Search bar.