pop3 emails are still on the server

Hello, the emclient receive emails from my web.de server. but it does not delete the emails
on the server. Where can i configure this ?

Stephen

Hi Stephen, if you’re using a POP3 account, emails are not automatically synchronized with the server as while using IMAP. If you want to automatically delete messages from the server while using a POP3 account, you have to navigate to Tools > Accounts > Your accounts > POP3 in eM Client and setup the server settings for this account, e.g. “Remove from server after X days” or "Remove from server when deleted from “Deleted’ folder”.

This however should be the default setup.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

Hello, thank you for this information. Is there a possibility to update with the server but not automatically ? Only when i push a button ?
Best regards STephen

Hi again Stephen, yes you should be able to setup this option in Tools > Settings > General, by unchecking the option “synchronize all items every X minutes” and “… on startup”.
This way only when you press send and receive new data will be downloaded.

Thank you,
Paul.

Thank you Paul, it seems to work. Stephen

Hi again Stephen, glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.