Plain text formatting & connection problem

Hi

I’m evaluating eM Client 6.0.21372.0 and, even if I like your program, I have two issues that prevent me to buy your program :

1. I received plain text emails from unix hosts and they are not indented/aligned as expected or as they are displayed in Thunderbird/Postbox. It seems that you remove all tabs

2. I have an imap account for which I always get “Connecting to xxx failed” for imap. But if I retrieve mail manually, this is ok. I’m using TLS for imap and smtp. This account works fine on Thunderbird/Postbox with the same settings.
    I can see that in the logs :
    11:58:41 xxx [IMAP]  MailExceptions.ConnectionException: Cannot open folder “{0}”.
    11:58:41 (Connection terminated)
    11:58:41    at MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.SelectFolder(Folder value, Boolean force)
    11:58:41    at MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPool.AcquireConnection(Folder mailFolder, Boolean idle, Boolean forStore)
    11:58:41    at MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPool.AcquireFolderConnection(Folder mailFolder)
    11:58:41    at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.SynchronizeMessagesCommand.ExecuteInternal(WorkerStatus status)
    11:58:41    at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.ImapCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
    11:58:41    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
    Nicolas

Hi Nicolas, plain text messages do not contain tabs as plain text does not support advanced text formatting, including tabs.
What mail service are you using with eM Client, e.g. Gmail/Yahoo,etc.?

Thank you,
Paul

Hi

maybe this is spaces and not tabs, but with em Client, the mail doesn’t looks as good as in Thunderbird or Postbox. I can send you two screenshots if you give me an address email

For the second problem, I’m using an imap server hosted by Gandi. It is configured to use TLS for imap and smtp

Regards

Nicolas

Hi again Nicolas, thank you for reporting this issue, I have reported the issue to the developers for more information, I’ll be in touch with a possible solution or an update that would resolve this issue.

Thank you,
Paul