Password required. Server says "Unauthorized"

hello. on startup em client always getting message saying Password required. Server says “Unauthorized”. try many times the password but same thing. I can confirm password is correctly enter. I just ignore n click cancel but it will come again later. set 2 different icloud.com email. only 1 account having this problem. but funny is I can send n receive email on both account.

Hi, what version exactly do you use? And do you use your iCloud email or username to authenticate?

Jan

Thank you for your reply. currently using em client version 5.0.19406.0. about the authenticate i’m not sure which one. but i already try both. i do check and compare the setting with another account. both account i use the automatic setup. i enter the email password and click start now. at first it got through successfully. i try delete the account and enter again but same problem. it happen on that same account only.

do you use your iCloud account for calendar and contacts only or for email too?

Jan

i use calendr, contacts and email too for the icloud account

Hello,

I will need your IMAP/SMTP and CAL/CardDAV logs, go to tools - settings - advanced, check IMAP/SMTP and CAL/CardDAV under your account, apply and restart eM Client.

Simulate steps that leads to your issue and after that send logs… to galis@emclient.com together with this topic’s URL in subject.

then you can turn logging off.

regards
Jan