"Password Required" - My password is correct and won't work

I’ve been using eM Client for over a year with few to no problems.  Yesterday the “Password Required” window popped up.  I hadn’t changed any passwords so it shouldn’t have, but it did.  I entered my password and it keeps telling me it “Server say incorrect authentication data.”  I am still receiving emails, but I cannot send emails.  This is very frustrating.  Someone please help me with this.  

Who is your email provider, and did they maybe change some settings recently?

My email provider is bluehost.  They haven’t changed the settings, and the password and everything is working correctly on bluehost, but not em client.

If the credentials are working through the web interface but not in eM Client SMTP, that means that most likely you have the wrong server settings.

Go to Menu > Tools > Accounts, and in the SMTP tab for your account check you have the following:

Port: 465
Security policy: Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)

Those are the current settings I have and it still isn’t working

Also, thank you for your help!

Sometimes when you can receive but not send, you can try disabling your anti-virus or firewall and then try again.

But it’s emClient that isn’t allowing me to send.  For some reason the issue is between emClient and Bluehost, but since everything seems to be working on the Bluehost side it has to be emClient.  I don’t want to get rid of emClient because I really like it.  But I can’t seem to figure out what the issue is.  

Hey Gary, got any more ideas?  I’m having a pretty rough time

First, just because your provider’s web client still works, does not mean changes have not been made on their side.  It just means they have incorporated them into the client.  If no changes have been made to eM Client (maybe you updated version?) and it stops working, the problem usually resides outside of eM Client.

As Gary mentioned, Disable your AV/Firewall and see if you can send.  I f you can, rules must be created in those programs to allow access.  If it does not work, contact your provider to confirm no changes have been made on their side.