Partial message

I have a vendor with an outlook.com email address. When I send an email to the address, I go to my sent emails and the majority of the message is missing unless I reset the view to text only not html for that email. Why is this happening and only to the one address? No problem with the 100’s of other email addresses I send to.

Are you using anything different in the body of the HTML email to send to this specific recipient, that you don’t do for all your other recipient’s ? eg: Do you use some sort of HTML template or Paste anything into the body specially.

Lastly what version of eM Client are you using and do you have Windows or Mac.

Ver 9.2.1222 with Windows 10 Pro. There is nothing but text in the emails.

Any suggestions as to what I need to look at???

Ver 9.2.1222 with Windows 10 Pro. There is nothing but text in the emails.

Ok so eM Client is up to date.

So if you are “only typing text” in the new html email and no email template or anything else pasted into your email as you advised, then could possibly be the default font and / or size you are using.

Go to “Menu / Settings / Mail / Compose”, and see what font and size you have in the “Preferred font for messages” ? I use Calibri 12 in the same eM Client version for new messages.

I use Verdana 14 bold. Not really an issue now as I terminated the vendor today for other reasons and should not need to email them again. Thanks for you help and if the font could cause the problem, let me know2