Outlook - unable to receive messages nor account accepts being readded after removal

Hello!

I’ve been using eM Client since the beginning of this year and this week I’ve started having issues with my Outlook account on it. I use the client for both my Outlook and Gmail accounts, and Gmail is working normally, but Outlook has since yesterday stopped receiving emails.

Since that happened, I’ve restarted my computer once and it appeared that the issue was solved, but then I received an email on my phone (I use Outlook mobile) and tried updating the client on my PC, only to get the same issue (it tries to download the messages but fails, showing the exclamation error on the email tab, no errors on the log). I then tried removing the account and readding it to test if that solved the issue, but now it won’t even allow me to add it again. I get forwarded to Microsoft’s website asking to allow the app to login to my account, and when I accept it, the app freezes for about 2 minutes and then it comes back as if the authorization process never happened.

Not sure what I should next, so does anyone have some tips on this issue?

I then tried removing the account and readding it to test if that solved the issue, but now it won’t even allow me to add it again. I get forwarded to Microsoft’s website asking to allow the app to login to my account, and when I accept it, the app freezes for about 2 minutes and then it comes back as if the authorization process never happened

Try “setting a different browser as the default” and then reboot and try adding your Outlook account again. Also try clearing your browser’s “complete cache and / or cookies” as well.

All Microsoft accounts for sometime now require you to use an OAuth token login at the end of the account setup which you have to click allow. That normally then after a few seconds returns you to eM Client and then receives your mail.

You can try going into your Outlook account online and remove the eM Client OAuth token and then close and reopen eM Client & rerun the setup.

If it still is freezing with different browsers when you click allow, sometimes that can be caused by eg: background programs interfering or monitoring browsers. Programs such as optionally installed firewall / security programs, or optionally installed antivirus programs etc.

So if you have anything like that installed other than what comes default with the OS, try completely disabling those to test.

Apart from that you may have an eg: outdated or older version of eM Client and might need updating depending on how recent it is or you might need to uninstall eM Client & reinstall. If you do uninstall and reinstall eM Client and have Windows, “don’t delete the database” when asked on the uninstall wizard. Then reinstall the same or later version via the release history page.

Tried some more things before coming back here to report

All Microsoft accounts for sometime now require you to use an OAuth token login at the end of the account setup which you have to click allow. That normally then after a few seconds returns you to eM Client and then receives your mail.

The issue was being caused by eM itself, my browser (Firefox) was successfully reopening then app after allowing the operation, then the client hang for some time until it came back without completing the account registration.

After rebooting and updating my computer (not eM, the client was already up to date when the issue began) I was able to register the account once again. Now the error happens every once in a while, when I manually update my inbox sometimes it will fail to connect, sometimes it will update normally, so I’m still clueless lol. Will try reinstalling it if the issue persists, but it’s still bugging me that Gmail is working normally but Outlook isn’t.

my browser (Firefox) was successfully reopening then app after allowing the operation, then the client hang for some time until it came back without completing the account registration.

If eM Client is hanging / freezing “after coming back to the eM Client GUI” and uninstalling and reinstalling eM Client and testing different browsers makes no difference, then that usually means there is eg: something running resident on the computer causing the delay / freezing.

You might need to eg: disable all background tasks in the OS other than the default startup tasks and then reboot and see if it still freezes.