outlook.com server will not synch contacts

Have a user that has multiple contact lists on the outlook.com server in addition to the outlook contacts eg Skype, Twitter, Google
The account is setup with exchange that should allow Contact synch. However synch will occur in one direction only ie from the server. Any changes in the contacts in emclient causes an error, the outlook server cannot be accessed to accept synch from emclient to server. Not seen this before with emclient so suspect it is user specific. Cannot ID the problem.

Has this been fixed for you?  I’ve had the same problem the whole time with eM Client, since starting to use it recently.  I found lots of other people logging the same complaint on this forum.  But eM Client support don’t seem interested - just expect me, the user, to have a technical discussion with Microsoft to get something done to make it work! 

I have found emclient support on this forum very good and helpful on most issues.
I would like to check on a few things.

1. Do you have a Microsoft account?
  2. Have you set this account up in emclient by selecting the exchange set up?

Hello Chris,
when the same topic is opened numerous times we are not always able to answer everything in a timely manner (especially if the same issue has already been answered).

If you experience trouble with a Microsoft account you just need to set it up as Exchange.
Since Microsoft discontinued the support for AirSync (a protocol previously used for Contacts and Calendar synchronization) and started migrating their mail account to Exchange Web Services protocol we had to adapt. Since not all accounts were migrated at once, we couldn’t make it a default option.

To set up your account manually as Exchange go to Tools>Accounts > New Account and instead of Automatic setup choose Mail>Exchange.

Use your mail address for both the ‘Email’ and ‘Username’ fields.

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia, thanks for your reply.  I believe I did set up the account as “Exchange” (as recommended by a magazine that suggested using eM Client).  Nonetheless, I’m happy to try setting it up again.  However, should I first delete the existing account from within eM Client ( to avoid any confusion?).

Thanks

Chris

Hi, thanks for reply.  Answers are Yes, and Yes I think so.  However, I’m willing to try setting up again.  See reply above from Olivia Rust, Official Rep.

Hello Chris,
there should be nothing wrong with numerous setups if they are IMAP or Exchange.
If you are unsure you can just disable the previous account first before the setup.
Just uncheck all the services in the General tab of that account in the Menu>Tools>Accounts window.

Regards,
Olivia

Great support Olivia. Thanks, Hope Chris will have success.

Unfortunately, the problem of synching Contacts still exists.  I have actually completely uninstalled emClient, downloaded it again, re-installed and then set up the new Account as “Exchange”, as recommended above.  The error message still pops up each time a synch is attempted.  Mail, etc, is OK, but the Contacts gives the problem.  I have pasted below the content of the error log - perhaps that may be of help.  Note I have replaced my real email address in the log with “My.Emailaddress” 

eM Client is version 7.0.27943.0, free version.  My OS is WIndows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1.

Thanks, Chris.

21:43:36 [email protected] [Exchange Web Services]  Uploading item(s) to folder ‘[email protected]/Inbox/’
21:44:06 [email protected] [Exchange Web Services]  Uploading item(s) to folder ‘[email protected]/Inbox/’
21:44:58 [email protected] [Exchange Web Services]  Synchronizing folder list
21:44:59 [email protected] [Exchange Web Services]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Inbox/’
21:44:59 [email protected] [Exchange Web Services]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Archive/’
21:44:59 [email protected] [Exchange Web Services]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Pat’s calendar/’
21:44:59 [email protected] [Exchange Web Services]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Peru Activity/’
21:45:00 [email protected] [Exchange Web Services]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Sent/’
21:45:00 [email protected] [Exchange Web Services]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Outbox/’
21:45:00 [email protected] [Exchange Web Services]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Inbox/’
21:45:01 [email protected] [Exchange Web Services]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Calendar/’
21:45:01 [email protected] [Exchange Web Services]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Contacts/’
21:45:04   MailClient.Storage.Application.OperationException: Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Contacts/’ failed due to the following error: Invalid data source operation., There was a problem accessing Active Directory. Check your network connections and try again. —> Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ServiceResponseException: Invalid data source operation., There was a problem accessing Active Directory. Check your network connections and try again.
21:45:04    at Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ServiceResponse.InternalThrowIfNecessary()
21:45:04    at Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.MultiResponseServiceRequest1.Execute() 21:45:04    at Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ExchangeService.InternalLoadPropertiesForItems(IEnumerable1 items, PropertySet propertySet, ServiceErrorHandling errorHandling)
21:45:04    at Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.Item.InternalLoad(PropertySet propertySet)
21:45:04    at Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ServiceObject.Load(PropertySet propertySet)
21:45:04    at MailClient.Protocols.Exchange.ExchangeContactSynchronizer.d__5.MoveNext()
21:45:04 at System.Collections.Generic.List1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable1 collection)
21:45:04 at MailClient.Protocols.Exchange.ExchangeItemSynchronizer2.ConvertApplicationDataAndSkipUnparsable(ExchangeService service, Item item, CancellationToken cancellationToken)<br>21:45:04 at MailClient.Protocols.Exchange.ExchangeItemSynchronizer2.d__18.MoveNext()
21:45:04 at System.Linq.Enumerable.d__203.MoveNext()<br>21:45:04 at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizeContext2.StoreItems(SynchronizationType synchronizationType, IEnumerable1 newItems)<br>21:45:04 at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizeContext2.Synchronize[T](SynchronizationType synchronizationType, IEnumerable1 items, Func2 getUniqueId, Func3 hasChanged, Func2 isDeleted, Func2 convertItems, Action2 updateItem)
21:45:04 at MailClient.Protocols.Exchange.ExchangeItemSynchronizer2.Synchronize(IItemSynchronizeContext1 synchronizeContext, Folder folder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
21:45:04 at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizer`2.<>c__DisplayClass28_0.b__1(WorkerStatus status, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
21:45:04 at MailClient.Protocols.Exchange.ExchangeGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
21:45:04 — End of inner exception stack trace —
21:45:04 at MailClient.Protocols.Exchange.ExchangeGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
21:45:04 at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
21:45:06 [email protected] [Exchange Web Services] Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Contacts/’