outlook.com no connect/download mail

After Diagnostics checked all ‘fixed’  still can’t connect to outlook.com via pop3.  All settings doublechecked.  Where is the IMAP setting in EMC ?    Might as well go back to the dodgy MS Outlook 2007

after much frustration it seems to have connected now.

Hello,
if you’d want to troubleshoot the POP problem, I’d appreciate if you copied the content of Tools>Operations>Log here, as it might contain more information about the problem.
As for setting your account as IMAP, I’m afraid you’d have to set your account anew as such using the New Account>Mail>Other option in Tools>Accounts section. Be aware that if you do not leave your messages on the server, you might lose your messages (if you POP account downloaded any to local data) so I suggest making a backup first.

Regards,
Olivia

Many thanks for your prompt response.  While it’s now working with POP3 I’ll leave the IMAP for another day.   I’m not sold on the need for IMAP in our situation yet.

Peter

Was working , now it’s not.   Is this the Log?

6:16:29 AM    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

Not now downloading from outlook.com server.  Keeps asking for Password in a popup every few seconds.  Is that an Outlook problem or EMClient?

Hello,
this is just one line from the error, which unfortunately tells me absolutely nothing.
If you could copy the full log, I might be able to analyze the problem.
Thank you.

Regards,
Olivia

The only problem with outlook we know of is with Airsync accounts.
If you have problems with your POP setup, could you screenshot these server settings in the POP tab for me from the Tools>Account section?

Regards,
Olivia

the label Airsync was showing the bottom LH corner of the Diagnostics page.  Must have come from my attempt to use EMc to setup auto to Outlook.com.  I reinstalled using manual setup with IMAP/SMTP settings and for now seems to be connecting/downloading OK.  
As a newbie I find some things odd but hopefully will grow into it.  The Contacts/Calendar were imported from Outlook 2007, I guess, but some of the Calendar entries seem to be repeated unnecessarily.  Will look into that further but my main concern is to get the mail section steady.
Thank you for your assist.
Peter