Outlook.com acount downloading old email

Hello community,

I just installed em client and started using. It’s really weird  because it started downloading not newest but oldest emails first. I thought client will start going with the newest  after while but it’s downloading older and older first. What’s the problem? I don’t even need these old emails (30 days history is what I need for everyday purposes.

How can I get new emails first?
How can I restrict to download 30 days emails history only?

using m.outlook.com (I think it’s MS Exchange)

Now it stopped at all!

Hi Ernestas, unfortunatelly eM Client by default sets up an AirSync account while using the automatic setup with an Outlook.com account. However if you’d like to download new email only, you might find a POP3 account useful. When creating new account, instead of using the automatic setup switch to the mail tab below and select ‘Other’ and proceed with the steps.
Note that this will disable the ability to use the calendar/contacts synchronization services and all your downloaded messages will be stored locally without any flag synchronization between the server.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

Thank you for answer. Can I set up sync of emails which are 30 days old or something?

Hi again, just as I mentioned before this is not possible using the AirSync account, using POP3 you can only choose to delete all emails older than X days from the server or archive messages older than X days. But you can not sync messages that are just less than 30 days old, that’s not a feature of any email protocol.

Thank you for understanding,
Paul.

I have kind of the opposite problem.  It read what Thunderbird had, but that only goes back to when I installed Thunderbird.  How do I get all the rest of my emails?

Hi David,
how is your account set up? Is it an IMAP/EXchange/AirSync account? Are the older emails still on the server?

Regards,
Olivia

> Is it an IMAP/EXchange/AirSync account?

I have no idea–you’ll have to ask Yahoo.

>Are the older emails still on the server?

Their’s, yes.

Hi David,
you can check your account type inside eM Client in Tools>Accounts, but I believe the automatic setup for yahoo is usually IMAP.
Did you setup your account manually inside eM Client or did you import your data from ThunderBird when you switched to eM Client?

Regards,
Olivia

>did you import your data from ThunderBird when you switched to eM Client?

That’s the way I did it–I was asked when I setup eM Client.

Hi David,
since you chose to import from TB that’s why eM Client only got information that TB had.
Could you check the account setup for me then, just in case? If your account is set as IMAP you can just re-synchronize it and that should pull all your messages from the server.
Please go to Tools > Accounts and check if your Yahoo account has an IMAP or POP tab.

Regards,
Olivia

>since you chose to import from TB that’s why eM Client only got information that TB had.

Turns out it is worse than that.  The brilliant (NOT!) wonders at Yahoo deleted several years worth of my email.

Hi David,
do I understand correctly that your old emails are not even located at yahoo’s servers?
If that is the case, then unfortunately eM Client cannot get these either.

Regards,
Olivia

You got it!  They screwed me but good.