Outlook Calendar no longer syncing

I have been using emClient for about 6 months without an issue on my laptop for an Outlook 365 account and a Gmail account. The gmail account remains fine, but about a week or so ago my Outlook account started acting up. The mail function works fine, but the calendar has partially stopped syncing: 

• When I add an appointment on my laptop, the appointment syncs to my phone, no problem. 
  • BUT when I add an appointment on my phone, the appointment does not appear on my laptop. This issue appears to go back in time as well, because a recurring appointment that I’ve had for a long time has suddenly disappeared in both the past and future from my laptop but it remains on my phone. 
    Thinking maybe it was a version issue, I just downloaded the latest update and nothing changed. 
    What could be happening??

If you login through the web interface for your Outlook.com account, can you see the appointment you created on your phone?

Yes, the appointments created on the phone appear on Outlook.com

If you right-click on the calendar in eM Client and choose Properties > Repair, that should delete the local cache and resync the calendar with the server.

I did this, going into the calendar, right clicking, choosing Properties & Repair.  It does go through the resyncing process, but then no changes are observed. 

One additional note: I realized today that if I accept an appointment invitation sent by someone else from within the mail function of eM Client, then it appears on my phone & in outlook but again not in eM Client’s calendar function. 

Ah!

You could remove the account from eM Client, then add it again and see if that changes anything. It is a more aggressive version of Repair. :slight_smile:

I don’t regularly use Outlook.com, but I did some testing with it and found that the AirSync protocol used to sync the calendar is not that reliable. There is an alternative and that is setup the account as Exchange. Go to Menu > Tools > Accounts and add a new account. Instead of using the Automatic Setup, choose Mail > Exchange.

This will use the Exchange Web Services (EWS) protocol to sync the calendar.

Alissa,

Calendar and contacts syncing have long been a problem. If you search here you will see that. Which protocol did you select? Outlook or Exchange? Normally the right protocol is select just be the initial sign into your server and doesn’t need to be changed.

I use ActiveSync all the time but on an older version of eM Client. If you have an Outlook account you might just as well use the Outlook client.

To be fair, the problem could also lie with your email server although Microsoft Outlook is pretty stable.

In my experience, setting up the account as Exchange gives better results than using IMAP when connected to an Outlook.com account. Hence my comments above. 

There does not seem to be any issues syncing calendars and contacts this way. Well, categories don’t sync that well, but events and contacts details otherwise work perfectly.