Outlook 2016 v eMclient7

I moved away from the full version of Outlook many years ago, frustrated with its shortcomings, but thought it was time for another look. So I did, and was astonished at how bad it was, in wholly new ways. For a start it’s buggy - fairly frequent crashes, and it often hangs as it seems to be groping around for the server. There’s a known and infuriating bug in its reply function, it seems confused about the newer Exchange accounts vs outlook.com accounts, has no proper google sync, and not even basic things like a unified inbox (the UI of the built in W10 Outlook client is miles ahead of it, but it’s sadly lacking in other features). eMclient has had its own issues over the years but the current version does all the things Outlook fails to do, and seems both stable and properly functional, to the point where right now as a standalone client it has no competition on Windows (and believe me I’ve looked). I think the UI could still do with a bit more refinement (some delete/reply/mark functions in the mail summary list - and a desk diary type weekly view in the calendar?), but if you’re serious about having a desktop mail client then eMclient is the only way to go, and worth every penny of the pro edition. 

Hello Paul,

Thank you for taking the time to write this, we’re very glad to hear that you are happy with eM Client. Could you please expand on the two notes about the UI? I apologize but I’m not sure where you’d like to see the buttons and what you mean by desk diary type weekly view (I’m not certain what the difference would be in comparison to the current weekly view).

Thank you,
Maurice

The trouble with the current week views is that you have to scroll up and down to see the whole day. Years ago Outlook used to offer a view which showed all seven days at a glance (you can still see it on the Windows Phone version) in two columns… three days down one side and four on the other (Sat and Sun sharing one rectangle). I realise that the agenda panel can be set to hold this info, but for me this option always offered the readiest way to see and understand what the week held (and is much more useful than the “working week” option). Re the buttons - I’m talking about the message preview column (between the folder list and message pane). In the basic Win10 client if you move the mouse pointer into the message preview (ie the two line version) you get icons to delete, archive or flag. Even in Outlook 2016 you get delete or flag. In other competitors like Mailbird (nice UI, shame about everything else) you get even more options for this mouse position. Having these choices better reflects how we’re likely to be moving around our mails to manage them, but with eMclient you have to go to the little toolbar, or right click and then scroll down the list - an extra step. I’m sure different people have different preferences but having the choice lets us work within those preferences. Hope this clarifies and helps.

Hello Paul,

Thank you for specifying. While we currently do not offer the view that you describe, it is possible to change the zoom in the calendar by pressing Ctrl + scrolling the mouse wheel. In this way, it is possible to see the whole week without having to scroll through it.
As for the message lists, thank you for elaborating, we do currently only offer the flag button. I’ll forward your suggestions over to our product team for consideration.

Thank you again for your feedback,
Maurice