Outgoing SMTP to Netzero fails after update to Version 7.1.30794.0 even when Firewall and antivirus are disabled.

Error Message is: Message Blocked due to Account Inactivity. Please login using Web/Mobile and resend your message." Using the recommended port 465 with authentication. eM Client diagnostics find the server but fail to resolve the problem. All was working before the update.

Hello Cal,

If the account is set as IMAP, please try deleting the account and adding it again. 
Otherwise you can check the SMTP authentification settings on your webmail.

Regards,
Russel

Send is setup as SMTP; host: smtp.netzero.com; Port 465; Security policy: Use SSL/TLS on special port (Legacy); Server requires authentication checked, Use these credentials selected and Username and password are valid. Fails with: Server says “smtpout01.vgs.untd.com Authentication failed” This did not happen before upgrade. 

I can receive emails into eM Client just fine but I can’t send emails because “Authentication failed”. The account is setup as POP. My SMTP settings are: smtp.netzero.com, Port 465, I am using SSL with the same login credentials as I use for incoming email as per the instructions from Netzero. 

Is there a timeout setting somewhere, or maybe an incompatibility with the previous version of eM Client? I’m still trying to get this to work. Please help.

Can you copy the error from the log.

Go to Menu > Tools > Operations > Log. Find the SMTP errors, right-click and copy

5:10:53 PM [email protected] [SMTP]  MailClient.Accounts.LoginException: The authentication failed due to the following reason:
5:10:53 PM     "Unexpected end of stream.
5:10:53 PM    at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Authenticate(WorkerStatus status)
5:10:53 PM    at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
5:10:53 PM    at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
5:10:53 PM    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

Did you contact Netzero?

Yes. They support Thunderbird, Outlook, Android, and MacOs And I can send emails just fine with my phone. Additionally, the previous version of eM worked.

What did they say about this error?

One thing I noticed is that you said you are using the same credential as for POP3. Did you type them in manually, or did you choose Use identity credentials? Use identity credentials would be the better option because you know they already work for POP3.

I did both with the same results. eM client tries to log in, then asks for my name and password twice more before it quits.

The above happens when I use specific credentials, but when I use the identity credentials, eM Client error log gives the following (and there is only one try):

11:08:36 AM [email protected] [SMTP]  MailClient.Accounts.LoginException: The authentication failed due to the following reason:
11:08:36 AM     "MESSAGE BLOCKED DUE TO ACCOUNT INACTIVITY. PLEASE LOGIN USING WEB/MOBILE AND RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.
11:08:36 AM    at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Authenticate(WorkerStatus status)
11:08:36 AM    at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
11:08:36 AM    at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
11:08:36 AM    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

Login through the web interface, then close your browser. Back in eM Client, try again using the setting Use identity credentials.

That didn’t work.

Sorry Carl, don’t know what else to suggest other than you could go back to the version of eM Client where it was working.

If you want to try that, backup and then uninstall eM Client. Your database will be fine so long as you don’t use something like Revo Uninstaller, but the backup will be extra insurance. Download the previous working version at http://www.emclient.com/release-history

Hello Cal,

Could you please contact me on email: [email protected] with a link to this topic?

Thanks,
Russel