OPERATIONS error message

when I open the program it fails to retrieve email, I get an error window titled OPERATIONS, connecting failed, POP3 an attempt to connect to (my email) failed. when I open acct settings and run diagnostics it says all is well. after I “ignore” the error msg it all works fine.

Hi David, thank you for reporting this, but I’m unfortunately not completely sure what error you’re referring to, can you please make a screenshot of the error and when it occurs, switch to the “Log” tab, copy the content of the log and submit the content of the log to us here on the forum?

What version of eM client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact version number in Help > About? What mail service are you using with eM client?

Thank you,
Paul

Hi paul,

thx for your reply…

I use att.net

It is an intermittent problem.  seems to occur mostly when it pushes for email, not so much when i click “send and receive”  but that is not consistent either.  i tried uninstall/reinstall… no improvement.

i love the program, but this error msg is getting pretty annoying several times a day… thx for your help!

Happens with GMAIL AND GOOGLE APPS AS WELL.

Hi David, can you please copy the content of the log and paste the contents here on the forum so I can see the full error message. From what I can see I think this might be caused by some security software on your computer, as it seems the connection is being forcibly closed or the access to the server is being denied/disabled for the application.

Thank you,
Paul

Can you please be more specific and submit the log content as I originally suggested to David here on the forum?

Thank you,
Paul