Opening emails without internet connection

When I set up eM Client I chose sync period of 1 year for emails.

I have not opened each and every email going back 1 year inside eM Client.

If I were to disconnect the PC from the internet and then open up eM Client would I be able to open each of the past 1 year’s email that appears in eM Client including those that have not been previously opened, or would it want to connect to the internet to download the messages and attachments before I am able to open?

Alternatively if I were to save the emails from eM client on my PC to a local folder and then I try to open emails in a stand alone mode on another email program such as Outlook, would I be able to open each of the past 1 year’s emails including those that have not been previously opened, or would it want to connect to the internet to download the messages and attachments before I am able to open?

If I’m unable to do the above, is there a setting in eM Client for every email account that I should be aware of, to tell eM Client to download all emails and attachments during synchronization? I have Hotmail and Gmail.

For folders synced with your email provider, it depends if you have enabled your offline settings in Menu > Accounts.

In version 9:

In version 10:

Messages in Local Folders are always viewable.