Open email in a tab instead of separate window.

I don’t like that each email is opened in a different window double clicking on it. I come from Thunderbird and I like much more tabs.

Hello Gianni, if you’re using either Messages on Top/Right layout with eM Client, your message content should be displayed in the appropriate area after single clicking your email in the list. By double clicking the message will be open in a separate window.

Hope this helps.

Hi Paul,
from the settings I choose General > Appearance > Layout = “Message on the bottom”, since this is the layout I like. The content is displayed in the correct area but I usually set the size of that area of approx the same size of the email list on the upper area. Then I would like to double click on an email from the list to read it in a wider area. Thunderbird opens it in a new tab so that its size is the same size of the whole application window. Moreover I can leave some emails open (i.e. as a tab) without having separate windows that hide each other or to move around. From my point of view, this is a nice feature available in Thunderbird.

Regards,
Gianni

Hello Gianni, this is unfortunately not possible using eM Client, the application doesn’t support any main view tabs except the tabs that switch between the mail,calendars, contacts, tasks or widgets. In order to display a larger message you’d have to use the messages on the right view that allows you to view the message more clearly on a widescreen monitor or in a separate window.

Thank you for the suggestion, we’ll consider improving this in future releases.

Hi Paul,
thank you for the fast reply. Unfortunately I don’t like the layout (“messages on the right”) you suggested. 
Anyway if a main view tab is not possible at least a way to open several emails and leave them quickly accessible to read in a wide area inside the main window.

Regards,
Gianni