only downloading headers even though I have selected "download messages for offline use"

New to eM. I use IMAP. All messages are received in header form only. i can  manually select each one and selct the download message option. i want to do this automatically. i selected the “download messages for offline use” option but that has not changed anything, i.e still only receiving headers.

Any help gratefully accepted

If you want this setting for only a particular folder, you can right-click on the folder and choose Properties. The setting is in the Offline tab.

If you want the setting to apply to the whole account and all its folders, the setting is in the IMAP settings for your account. If you go to Menu > Tools > Accounts, then click on the IMAP tab. 

If you have selected the setting via the IMAP settings, you cannot change it for individual folders.

Thanks Gary. I had previously selected the the setting to apply to the whole account and all its folders as noted above. Even  with those boxed ticked i still receive only the headers.

Shaun

What happens when you right-click on the Inbox and choose Properties > Repair. Do the message bodies appear after the sync is complete?