Old Email Sporadically Downloaded Again With New Date

This issue happens on occasion, but it has happened quite a few times so far. It again happened today. I make Internet purchases and save emailed receipts for tracking. I had ordered food delivery on 27-May. I am looking at the email for this delivery right now in emClient. Today the software showed this same email even though it was not sent again with today’s date and time. At first I was confused, because I know I did not order anything again. I can tell that the email is old due to an identical order number.

This has happened a few times already, and I actually disputed charges with my bank for this issue. I did not realize this was a bogus email download from emClient. I have my emClient configured to use IMAP on my mail server.

Do you need any information to help identify why this keeps happening?

There are two dates and they may not always be the same.

1. The date in the message list is the date your server says it received the message. If that date is incorrect, it will be a server issue/error. There will only be one copy of the message, and it will now appear under the new date the server says it has.

2. The date in the message preview is the date the message was sent. So the date that the email application used when the sender hit Send. If that is incorrect and you are receiving it now with the current date, it will probably be because the sender or their server sent it again. There will be two copies of the message; the original, and now the new one that was just sent.

Another possibility is that you snoozed the message (Pro license function) and now that the snooze time has elapsed, the message appears in your Inbox as a new message at the current time. It will have a snooze icon next to the time though.

1 Like