Odd behavior after restoring into another PC

Hello.

After restoring a backup into another PC, I can’t send any e-mails from any account and some e-mails are not delectable.

Can’t connect to any SMTP server.
Any clue of what might be going on?

Thanks.

I can sympathise; some messages are just not very palatable. Especially after 3pm on a Friday. :wink:

As a test, can you try completely disabling any anti-virus/firewall or VPN application and see if there is a difference?

Tried it, no luck.
(Nhever trust a spell-checker).

Not being able to send a is a common trick of anti-virus applications like Avast.

If that is not the case, can you give the SMTP error that you will find in Menu > Operations > Log tab?

I think is something more stranger than that.
If I delete mails, some disappear, other do not but the blue toast notification confirms the deletion.

"A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. 81.88.48.66:587"
        at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
        at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
        at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
       EnqueuedStackTrace =
            at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpAccount.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.<SendAsync>b__0()
            at MailClient.Protocols.Common.AccountBase.RunIfOnline(Action actionIfOnline, Action actionIfOffline)
            at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpAccount.SendAsync(IEnumerable`1 items, Action`1 sentItem, Action`1 completed, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
            at MailClient.Accounts.BindingAccountBase.SendInternal()
            at MailClient.Accounts.BindingAccountBase.<>c__DisplayClass75_1.<SendInternal>b__1(CompletionEventArgs e)
            at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpAccount.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.<SendAsync>b__3(Object s, CompletionEventArgs c)
            at MailClient.Commands.Command.Complete()
            at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
            at MailClient.Commands.SynchronizationQueue.ThreadWorker(Object threadData)
            at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
            at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
            at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(Object obj)
       GUIStatus_Exception_Reported = True

Update:

I used the diag and fix tool within accounts/Diagnostics on a non-Google account.

It fixed the issue by changing the port do 25 even having the security policy in Force usage of SSL/TLS.

Google accounts are still dead on the water.

As you already have a backup, I would suggest to try removing and re-adding the Gmail account via the (Automatic wizard setup).

It ended up being a hardware firewall issue.
Tested it with a VPN and it is ok now.

1 Like