Occasional Problem Syncing

I have been trialling EM Client for about 3 days with a Gmail IMAP account and I’m finding it excellent except for one problem I’m having that is affecting reliability.

Occasionally when EM Client is trying to sync with my Gmail account, the spinning indicator in the panel on the left of the main window next to my Gmail account will just keep spinning and sync does not occur. 

I know that I have new emails because I have been notified of them on my phone. In order to receive the emails I have to close EM Client and then open it again and it will then sync ok. Hitting Send/Receive does nothing. This has happened 4 or 5 times in the 3 days that I have been trialling EM Client. 

This is spoiling an otherwise excellent experience with EM Client. Is this a bug? Is there anything that I can do to fix it? 

Hello, what version of eM client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About? Are you using any security software on your computer, that may be blocking the connection between your mail server and the client? Can you try to temporarily disable the security and check if the issue persists?

Regards,

Release number is 6.0.23181.0. Operating system is Win 10 Pro. I’m using Windows built in Defender antivirus plus Malwarebytes. I’m doubtful that is the cause because this is only happening very intermittently, but enough to be painful. If I can’t get to the bottom of the problem soon I’m just going to use Gmail webmail. At least it is reliable. EM Client looks very good but unless I can get 100% reliability it is no good to me. Thanks for your reply. 

Please try to disable the software temporarily and check if the issue persists or make sure exceptions are setup for the application, as eM Client is unable to workaround issues caused by security software when for example the necessary ports are being blocked or when the connection times out due to outgoing data check from your security software.

Regards,

Hello,
Once again, it seems that the free or paid antivirus are often the cause of problems with the software.
After testing several antivirus I have for over a year now activated one is windows defender !!
And what tranquility !!
Of course everyone is free.
This is my personal opinion. !!

Unfortunately security software can often be the cause of these issues as they can automatically block ports necessary for connections, I believe antivirus is no longer absolutely necessary on new operating system, however if you’d like to remain using the app it may be necessary to setup exceptions or disable the security software for eM Client.

Regards,

I’ve added an exception to Malwarebytes. I’ll see how I go.