notifications

We switched from Outlook to Gmail.  I hate Gmail’s interface which lead me to eM Client.  One thing that I miss from Outlook was the ability to be notified, with a pop up window, when I received an email from somebody (like my boss).  I know that I can route the email to a folder, but is there a way to get a notification?

Hi Jim,
all notification settings are located in Tools > Settings > General > Notifications, but we currently don’t have a setting for allowing pop-up only from certain contacts, but you can set it up for all new mail.
If that is a feature that you are missing, please pitch it as an idea here on forums and we’ll consider it with the development team for future updates.

Best regards,
Olivia

Thanks Olivia… I do get a pop-up for all (most) mail.  The exception being if the mail is being routed to a folder other than my inbox.  I get no notification for those.  

The Outlook feature that I am missing was a pop-up from specified contacts that didn’t just fade away, but had to be cleared.   There are certain emails that I don’t want to either miss or delay answering.  That would be a nice future update… for me anyway…

Hi Jim,
if you want to make sure our developers don’t miss a feature you would like to see in future updates, don’t hesitate to post them under ‘idea’ section. I’ll change the type of this topic to it now, so next time we go through possible improvements we can consider this one.

Best regards,
Olivia