not synchronizing unless I c lose eM Client down and re-open it

Across multiple computers I use, over the last few days eM Client has ceased to synchronize unless I close eM Client down and re-open it. My email is housed on a Goddaddy server, and eM Client is using IMAP to connect. I know a message has arrived because my cellphone, which uses Outlook to receive my messages, is synchronizing fine. I did not have this problem till in the last few days. I tried changed the setting to make in synchronized every 2 minutes rather then the default 5 minutes, but that doesn’t help.


Can you please provide logs from the “log” tab of the operations window when this sync error occurs?

Thank you.


I’m having the same problem.  The account I am having trouble with is also Godaddy.  I used Thunderbird until today, when I switched to eM.  I thought the problem was with Thunderbird, which is why I sought out a new email client, as I was also getting email properly on my phone (K9) and on Outlook on my computer.  When I set up eM, everything worked fine for about 10 minutes.  Then it stopped syncing.  As with the previous poster, I shut down eM and when I restarted it, it synced.  Then it stopped again.

Hello Marc,

Can you please provide logs from the Tools>Operations>Log window?


I was also asked to send in my logs a few days ago (to a different Rep) which I did, but so far have not received any remedy for this problem. The problem is persisting, so I’m in the habit now of closing eM Client every 30 minutes or so and then open it again.


I’ve gone over your logs (James) and logs from multiple other users having the same issues and there is unfortunately nothing to be done on our side. The issues are limited to only GoDaddy users and as such, we recommend trying to solve the issues with GoDaddy support. As much as we’d love to be able to help you, we are unable to in this case.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for understanding.


I didn’t send my logs because I saw that others with the same problem had done so. In the meantime, I tried other email clients and had the same issues, so I called Godaddy. They said I had one folder that had over 20,000 messages in it, and that was the problem. I moved those messages to several other folders, at their suggestion, but it didn’t solve the problem. It’s definitely got to be a Godaddy problem, but I don’t think they will be much help. BTW, the only place it works fine, other than on their webmail, is with K9 on my Android phone.

UPDATE:  Things appear to be back to normal.  Maybe it took a day for the moved files to propogate.  Also, their explanation as to why it worked with K9 and not the pc programs is that the mobile app only looks at a limited number of files, but that the way IMAP works with the computer is that it has to go through the whole file list each time it’s polled.  In my case, 20,000 files.  I don’t know if any of this makes sense, but it does seem to be working now.  I hope this helps.