Not sure where to start with this receiving email issue

The past few months, I have had issues with connection errors but was able to ignore them as they seemed to take only seconds to resolve. This afternoon, my email just stopped receiving. I can access both accounts on my phone, and I can send, but it won’t receive. No settings have changed and I can send and send or recieve on my phone. Thanks!

5:17:53 PM Online state: changed to online due to NetworkAvailability
5:17:53 PM trent@hexwater.com [POP3] Connecting: To trent@hexwater.com
5:17:53 PM trent@yourinsurance.me [POP3] Connecting: To trent@yourinsurance.me
5:18:24 PM trent@yourinsurance.me [POP3] MailClient.Accounts.SocketException: Connection failed due to the following reason:
5:18:24 PM “Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.”
5:18:24 PM at MailClient.Protocols.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
5:18:24 PM at MailClient.Protocols.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
5:18:24 PM at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
5:18:24 PM trent@hexwater.com [POP3] MailClient.Accounts.SocketException: Connection failed due to the following reason:
5:18:24 PM “Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.”
5:18:24 PM at MailClient.Protocols.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
5:18:24 PM at MailClient.Protocols.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
5:18:24 PM at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
5:19:05 PM trent@yourinsurance.me [POP3] Connecting: To trent@yourinsurance.me
5:19:05 PM trent@hexwater.com [POP3] Connecting: To trent@hexwater.com
5:19:35 PM trent@yourinsurance.me [POP3] MailClient.Accounts.SocketException: Connection failed due to the following reason:
5:19:35 PM “Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.”
5:19:35 PM at MailClient.Protocols.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
5:19:35 PM at MailClient.Protocols.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
5:19:35 PM at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
5:19:35 PM trent@hexwater.com [POP3] MailClient.Accounts.SocketException: Connection failed due to the following reason:
5:19:35 PM “Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.”
5:19:35 PM at MailClient.Protocols.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
5:19:35 PM at MailClient.Protocols.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
5:19:35 PM at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

so… found the diagnos and fix. it tried. swapped ports adn said fixed… but did not.

6:16:03 PM trent@yourinsurance.me [POP3] Connecting: To trent@yourinsurance.me
6:16:03 PM trent@hexwater.com [POP3] Connecting: To trent@hexwater.com
6:16:33 PM trent@hexwater.com [POP3] MailClient.Accounts.SocketException: Connection failed due to the following reason:
6:16:33 PM “Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.”
6:16:33 PM at MailClient.Protocols.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
6:16:33 PM at MailClient.Protocols.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
6:16:33 PM at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
6:16:33 PM trent@yourinsurance.me [POP3] MailClient.Accounts.SocketException: Connection failed due to the following reason:
6:16:33 PM “Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.”
6:16:33 PM at MailClient.Protocols.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
6:16:33 PM at MailClient.Protocols.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
6:16:33 PM at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

just updated windows. then updated .net for the new update windows 10. on the that restart it started working fine. shrugs no idea.

Ok. same thing again since 7:45pm. but I can access the email just fine on my phone. Anyone have any idea?

You may want to contact the provider as the log does say that their server did not respond. Maybe they have some suggestion.

Or even open a support ticket with eM Client. As a Pro License user you do have access to VIP Support, and they will be able to help you further.

I am going to have to, because my outlook on my phone is downloading the messages. Weird right?

What happens when you completely disable your anti-virus/firewall application? Does that change anything?

Or even restarting your router?

mm… no. I can try both… but it is working again. I am wondering if my provider is doing something EMclient does not work but outlook can handle. will mess with both on next bump.

reset router and I got emails with in 2-3 mins. We will see if it continues. :slight_smile: Thanks for help!