Not receiving emails to emclient from bordernet

[POP3] MailClient.Accounts.SocketException: Connection failed due to the following reason:
“Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond…”

A few days ago I have stopped getting emails to me emclient on my PC and getting this error. I have rung bordernet as email user and they have checked settings etc and said all that appears ok. I still get emails to my iphone as per usual so am thinking it is a emclient or PC issue?

messages also fail to send

Could be a local program installed on your computer is causing interference with eM Client.

If you have any eg: optional Firewall / Security programs installed, optional Antivirus programs installed or optional VPN’s installed, other than what comes with the OS, try completely disabling those to test.

Cheers, I disabled anti virus temporarily and ram another diagnostic test. This time it worked. Not sure if it was just coincidence virus was turned off or not. Pop3 and smpt settings had obviously changed, but my email provider said they were all good! All sorted now and with anti virus back on.